BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

The Artisan

The Artisan
Kelly Oswalt

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy July 4th to America

You know, it's hard to believe that there are men and women out there willing to give up their lives to protect our country. A lot has changed since the Viet Nam war, thank goodness. At least our country is more supportive of the soldiers. I know many charities that do things for them. I belong to a card swap, and I really don't send cards to anyone, so there is this charity that takes handmade cards and sends them to soldiers, or people with cancer or some other life threatening illness. I send all the cards I get from the card swap to this charity. I made a circus theme card for the first swap (it was birthday for kids theme) and a tie shaped card for men's birthdays at the second swap. Now I have 20 cards to send to this charity. Looking forward to it. Here's a picture of the Kid's Birthday card I made:





It makes me feel like I contribute something to someone in need. I really do enjoy helping people that need help. Hope you had a happy 4th of July. Our church picnic was a blast, good BBQ'd hamburgers and hotdogs, cookies, chips and of course watermelon. They had balloon launchers that I had never seen before, and boy could they send those water balloons a long ways. It was fun!

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy fourth of July to you also. The card swap is a wonderful idea and I agree with you that things are much better for our service men and women than they were in the 60s.